There’s never been a better time to become a business broker, with thousands of baby boomer business owners moving towards retirement and selling their companies. If you are looking for a new opportunity, and have experience in sales or business ownership, you should consider a career in business brokerage.
You can have a very rewarding job that’s exciting and different every day – while also having the time you want for leisure, family, friends and more.
Top 10 Reasons:
- Meaningful work: Being a business broker is very rewarding. We help sellers achieve their goals and transition to the next phases of their lives. It’s exciting to be involved in “matchmaking” to connect sellers with buyers and to quarterback the process for a smooth and successful transition. At BayState Business Brokers, we’re currently seeing a huge influx of multi-generational companies being sold, including businesses with retiring baby boomer owners.
- Exciting and energizing: You’ll get to work with individual sellers and buyers, as well as private equity firms and strategic buyers nationwide and from abroad. Prospective buyers are constantly looking for new opportunities, so there’s ongoing activity for our team at BayState Business Brokers. Because there are more strategic buyers and private equity groups, deals are also currently moving faster.
- Variety: No two businesses or days are alike. You’ll get to represent different types of businesses, and navigate the unique challenges that come up in deals. If you like problem solving, you will do well as a business broker! BayState Business Brokers focuses on selling companies with $1 million to $15 million in revenue, serving a large variety of industries. Click here to see some recent businesses sold and current businesses for sale listings.
- Lucrative: BayState Business Brokers offers a competitive sales commission structure, along with a proven and superior process to effectively market businesses – which helps you list and sell more companies. Commissions are generally higher than commissions for real estate professionals because selling a business is a longer and more complicated process. We also sell commercial real estate when owned by the business owner and sold as a package.
- Work-life balance: You can be as busy as you want to be, while having the flexibility to set your own schedule. The more you work, the more businesses you can sell. You can set your own schedule that works for you and set meetings when it makes the most sense for you and your clients.
- Location and flexibility: BayState Business Brokers has an office in Needham, conveniently located for our brokers and clients. There are private offices for each broker, or you can work from home when not meeting with clients. Most of our clients are within New England, including Massachusetts, Southern NH and Connecticut, so that you can easily visit clients’ businesses when needed.
- Minimal competition: BayState specializes in selling businesses ranging from $1 million to $15 million in revenue, and there are not many other business brokers in the area serving clients of this size. Over our 17 years in business, we have built a reputation for exceptional service and results for our clients, and are well known in the area.
- Training: BayState’s comprehensive training program is designed to set you up for success. Principal Sarah Grossman personally trains each business broker, so you’ll learn the business and the proven processes that have contributed to the strong reputation we have earned.
- Reputation and Opportunities: BayState Business Brokers is an established company with a strong reputation throughout New England and nationwide. As a result, we have an ongoing source of opportunities and leads. We also have deep relationships with accountants, lawyers, lenders and other business professionals who frequently refer business to us.
- Infrastructure: BayState Business Brokers provides dedicated office staff, administrative support and the technology infrastructure to support each of our business brokers and to operate efficiently. We are organized so each business broker can focus on clients and sales. We also work with a full-service marketing company that fuels ongoing awareness and generates leads.
If you have a background in business development or M&A – or if you are a former business owner – BayState Business Brokers would like to connect with you and discuss you joining our team. Please email us at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. To learn more, please visit About Us and Become a Business Broker.